Page updated January 2021
Dosbarth Heulfre – Mrs Bethan Villalon
Dosbarth Gloddaeth – Mrs Merian Hughes
ALN Intervention – Mrs Pat Davies
PPA – Mrs Louise Owen
Croeso / Welcome
Welcome/Croeso to the Year 5 page.
Autumn Term Theme
This term we will be studying –
- Rivers (World, Wales etc)
- Visit to Llyn Brenig
- Map Work
- Story Writing (message in a bottle)
- Branwen (Welsh story)
- Science – water cycle, insulation, dissolving sugar in water, water usage
- BOBS – pupils will continue to have the opportunity to take part in these sessions. They create healthy meals in the school kitchen and provide taster pots for other pupils to try!
Spring Term Theme
Our topic will be based on The Victorians and Forces for our science work. This will involve-
- Studying Children during the Victorian era: work, school, home life
- Study class novel Street Child by Berlie Doherty.
- Drama ‘The little Match Girl’
- Charles Dickens – Oliver.
- Techniquest trip – Forces workshop
- Science: Forces. What are forces?
We have many exciting lessons and trips planned for Year 5, which will enhance the learning experience of the children whilst we delve into this topic.
This term we will be studying:
- Entertainment (Theatre, puppets, Punch & Judy and Llandudno)
- Puppet Workshop
- St. Lucia / Maldives
- The Body (eating healthily)
- School trip – Greenfield Valley Museum
- Swimming Lessons in June. More information to follow.
Spelling and Maths:
- The spelling list is given out on Mondays
- Maths homework should be completed on Mangahigh.com
- oral presentation in English
Children must read and record their reading with an adult at least four times a week. Reading Records and Daily Diary should be in school every day along with reading books.
Spelling and Maths test on Friday
P.E: Covid-19 update, pupils should come to school in their PE kit on their PE days.
PE will be held on Thursdays
Dinner Money Payment
The school meals, cooked and served in the School Canteen, follow our healthy eating food project guidelines. The present cost is £2.70 per day for Infants and Juniors. All parents will receive Parent Pay details so that payment can be made on-line.