Year 3 / Blwyddyn 3
Updated January 19
Dosbarth Geirionydd – Mrs Sophie Durkin
Dosbarth Crafnant – Mrs Sue-Ellen Jensen
Theme this term – Dydd a Nos (Day and Night)
In Maths we will be focusing on:
-2,3,4,5 and 10 times tables
-Doubling and halving e.g. Double 35
-Fractions e.g. Find ⅓ of 15
-Telling the time to the nearest 5 minutes (analogue and digital) e.g. quarter to 7 & 6:45pm
-Calculating durations of activities and how long it is to the next hour
- To use different combinations of money to pay for items up to £2
- To calculate change from £2
- To order and compare items up to £10
- To record money spent and saved
- Carroll diagrams
- Venn diagrams
- Bar graphs
- Tall charts
- Frequency tables
Information regarding Maths homework has been emailed home and can be found in your child’s homework book.
Please continue to help your child to learn the spelling rules given out every week. At the start of the Spring term, we will be focusing in particular on plural rules e.g. y-ies. Details can be found in your child’s homework book and on their Google Classroom page.
This term we will be focusing on:
- Writing clear and correct sentences and extending them by using conjunctions e.g. because
- Evaluation writing
- Prediction writing
- Instruction writing
- Comprehension skills
- Speaking clearly and confidently in front of others
In Science we will be focusing on ‘Light’.
Our main topic this term is ‘Myself’. We will be learning about different parts of the human body and how to live a healthy and balanced life.