Year 3/ Blwyddyn 3
Updated September 18
Dosbarth Geirionydd – Mrs Sophie Durkin
Dosbarth Crafnant – Mrs Sue-Ellen Jensen
Our main topic this term is ‘Myself’. We will be learning about different parts of the human body and how to live a healthy and balanced life.
- Place value
- Number bonds to 10, 20 and 100
Maths homework will be set on Mangahigh (internet based). You will find a note and the log-in details in your child’s homework book when it has all been set up.
https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/hit-the-button is a fantastic website that helps your child to improve essential Mathematics skills.
Please read with your child on a regular basis and record any reading in their Reading Record. Further details on this can be found in the initial letter that we sent home and in the first letter in your child’s homework book.
Weekly spellings will be sent home and can be found in the homework books. Again, please refer to initial letters sent home for further information on this.
This term we will be focusing on:
- Writing clear sentences and extending them by using conjunctions e.g. because
- Spelling the first 200 High Frequency words
- Descriptive writing
- Finding answers in the text by looking for keywords and picture clues
- Correcting sentences
- Speaking clearly in front of the class and listening to others’ ideas
We will be mainly focusing on:
- Healthy eating
- The senses
- Planning a fair test
- Writing a clear prediction