Year 3 / Blwyddyn 3
Page updated January 2021
Dosbarth Geirionydd – Miss Zoe Hother
Dosbarth Crafnant – Miss Amy Roberts
Teaching Assistant – Mr Andrew Sturdy
ALN Intervention – Mrs Pat Davies
PPA – Mrs Louise Davis-Owen
PE will be on Tuesdays.
Covid-19 Update: Please can your child come to school wearing their PE kit with a jumper and tracksuit bottoms/leggings to keep warm if the weather is bad. They will stay in their PE kits for the whole day. PE will start the week commencing September 14th.
Summer Term 2021
- Information writing – facts, figures and classifying by categories
- Discussion writing – weighing up the PROs and CONs
- Explanation writing – explaining the link between cause and effect
- Comprehension skills
- Speaking clearly and audibly in front of an audience
- Area and Perimeter
- Measuring—length, capacity, and mass
- Recap of previous learning
- Planning and communication
- Developing and reflecting
Please continue to go over spellings and times tables with your child, weekly.
Your child still has full access to online learning platforms such as Mangahigh, TTRockstars, PurpleMash and Hwb. They will be able to select their own tasks if they would like to do extra activities at home.
Thank you for your continued support.
Spring Term 2021
This term, we believe it is more important than ever to look after ourselves and those around us, therefore we will be focusing our tasks on:
- Hope and Ambition
- Gratitude and Thankfulness
- Comfort and Safety
- Praise and Encouragement
- Self-Esteem and Confidence
- Physical Health
- Personal Development
- Writing clear and correct sentences and extending them by using conjunctions e.g. because
- Evaluation writing
- Prediction writing
- Information writing focusing on facts, figures and classifying by categories
- Explanation writing
- Comprehension skills
- Speaking clearly and confidently in front of others
Maths homework will be set on Mangahigh (internet based). You will find a note and the log-in details in your child’s homework book.
https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/hit-the-button is a fantastic website that helps your child to improve essential Mathematics skills.
Your child will be assigned times tables every week on the TTRockstars website. Please practise these times tables at home to support your child with their progress. We will be focusing on the 2, 5 and 10 times tables first and then the 3 and 4 times tables. The children will be asked the times tables in random order. TTRockstars is a fun and engaging website that will support your child with their learning and develop their confidence.
Log in details for Mangahigh, TTRockstars, Purple Mash and Google Classroom and further information can be found in your child’s homework book.
Please continue to help your child to learn the spelling rules given out every week. Details can be found in your child’s homework book and on their Google Classroom page.
Dinner Money Payment
The school meals, cooked and served in the School Canteen, follow our healthy eating food project guidelines. The present cost is £2.75 per day for Infants and Juniors. All parents will receive Parent Pay details so that payment can be made online.