There are so many benefits to encouraging children to walk, cycle and scoot more regularly to school. Teachers find that pupils who walk and cycle arrive at school more relaxed, alert and ready to start the day than those who travel by car.
Why travel to school on wheels?
- Cycling, scooting or walking the school run is an easy way of building physical activity into the whole family’s daily routine.
- Not only is it great for your physical health, it can also boost mental health and wellbeing.
- It’s a great way to start the day – not just for kids but for parents too.
- More people cycling, scooting or walking ultimately means there are fewer cars on the road, helping ease congestion outside the school gates.
- Fewer cars means less pollution, making the air we breathe cleaner for everyone.
- Cycling, scooting or walking to school increases children’s awareness of road safety as well as boosting independence.
- Travelling under your own steam provides the perfect opportunity to talk to each other and connect with the world around you.
- You’ll save money
- And if all that’s not enough, just think of all the fresh air, freedom and fun you’ll have along the way.
For more information please visit