To all parents and prospective parents
Nursery and Reception Admission Forms for September 2017
We need them back ASAP! Places are filling very quickly, don’t miss out!
There are only a few places left in our Nursery class for September and even fewer in Reception.
Just as a reminder, here’s what Estyn said about us in January.
The school’s current performance is GOOD because:
- Nearly all pupils, including those with additional learning needs, make good progress in their learning during their time at the school
- Pupils’ literacy, numeracy and information and communication technology (ICT) skills are good
- Standards of behaviour and self-discipline are exemplary
- Nearly all pupils show high levels of engagement in their work and are keen to learn
- Teaching across the school is consistently good
- Teachers provide an effective range of varied learning experiences that meet the needs of nearly all pupils successfully
- The good quality of care, support and guidance has a very positive effect on pupils’ standards and wellbeing
- The school is an inclusive and welcoming community, in which pupils feel safe and happy
The school’s prospects for improvement are GOOD because:
- The headteacher and senior management team have a strong vision for the future development of the school, based appropriately on raising standards and ensuring the wellbeing of all pupils
- The vision is conveyed successfully to staff, pupils, parents and governors
- Senior leaders have high expectations and challenge and support staff purposefully to improve their practice
- Members of staff work together effectively as a team
- Governors have developed a clear understanding of their role as strategic leaders
- The self-evaluation report is used well to move the school forward
- The school works effectively with a range of partners to extend learning experiences and improve pupils’ standards and wellbeing.
They went on say
- (pupils’) performance at the higher level in all subjects usually places the school above the average for similar schools.
- planning for the literacy and numeracy framework is well embedded and is having positive impact on standards throughout the school, particularly the performance of more able pupils
- pupils show high levels of engagement in their work and are keen to learn. They enjoy school, work hard and take pride in what they do
- Behaviour is exemplary in lessons and around the school
- pupils are courteous, polite and well-mannered
- Provision for developing the Welsh language is of a high standard. Staff create an extremely positive Welsh ethos
- Provision for personal and social education is of high quality and means that pupils develop a sound understanding of values such as honesty, fairness and respect for others. This is demonstrated clearly in the caring way in which pupils treat each other
- Provision for pupils who have additional learning needs is a strong feature of the school’s work
- Standards of cleanliness are high and the school building and grounds are maintained appropriately.
- The headteacher and the effective newly-established leadership team provide strong strategic direction for the school.
For more information or to request an admission form contact the school.