Ysgol Craig y Don took part in the Conwy School Sport initiative to enter a short film competition – Our Story: Physical Literacy in Our School. The purpose of the competition is for schools and pupils to share what physical activity means to them and what it looks like in school.
We are delighted that Ysgol Craig y Don were winners of the competition! The school won a Go Pro Hero 4 and kit worth over £400.
To view our entry, simply click on the following link –
The school used some of the following themes –
- Development of physical competency at an early age is key to develop a lifelong pattern of involvement in physical activity.
- As the world becomes more sedentary, high quality physical education is essential for children and young people.
- Physicality is an integral part of education – and should not be approached as just an add-on.
- Healthy eating and engaging in physical activity is intimately intertwined.
- Actively traveling to school encourages social engagement, knowledge of locality and a lifelong habit of active travel.
- Young people can change the world by helping out – encourage and enable them.
- By actively listening to the child, schools will improve their provision.
- Opportunities to be active are everywhere around us in Conwy – make the most of it!